Saturday 28 August 2010

SHIRT AND TIE CARD

I have the girls in my Stampin' Up! team over once a month for a play day :) and this month it was my turn to do the Make and Take. You see we take it in turns for both the Make and Take and Morning Tea. It works out wonderfully especially with morning tea, it's usually very yummy .. oh and the projects are usually fab too :)

Anyway ... it was my turn this month so seeing as it is Father's day next Sunday, I thought I would follow that theme. Now I was doing some surfing over on You Tube and came across this Origami Tie and Shirt. So I made a few changes dimension wise and also with the tie and here's my version.



Card stock used was Basic Grey and Whisper White and the DSP Patterns Paper So Saffron. I've used a Cuttlebug folder to add texture to the body of the white shirt. The punches are Word Window and Modern Label and the greeting is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments.

Now if you are interested in how to fold the tie and shirt, click here and it will take you to the video. The only thing that I did different was that I didn't make the first fold. So instead of folding it into a triangle first, I used a ruler and pencil to draw a line thus eliminating a fold which would have run straight down the centre of the tie. I then followed the instructions from there.


Happy Stamping



0 comments: