Friday 15 May 2009

SPLAT!!!


I just wanted to share my new recipe with you all.

Yesterday was my Mum's 81st Birthday and she loves ginger so I decided to make her an Upside Down Ginger Apricot Cake well I have renamed the cake to an Upside Down Inside Out Ginger Apricot Cake.

Unfortunately part of it stuck to the bottom of the tin and when I tipped it out, I tipped it onto a cake rack instead of a plate so that when I tried to get it from the rack to the plate it completely fell apart.

Now I wasn't going to waste the cake so I hid it away until dessert time and placed a candle in the top and presented to Mum and we all just fell apart ... bit like the cake really! Anyway it was the best laugh we have all had in a while and I must say even though the cake looked revolting .. it tasted fabulous!

There that's the saga of my Mum's birthday cake ... hopefully I will do better next year ... LOL!!

1 comments:

Trish Myers said...

Yes SPLAT is a good way to describe that cake.