Tuesday 10 March 2009

SNEAK PEAK FROM NEW CATALOGUE

Fresh Cuts 1

It's not long now till we have the new catalogue in our hot little hands. As a demonstrator we were allowed to pre-order from a selection of new stamps from the catalogue. So here is my very first card created with a stamp set from the new 2009-2010 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue.

The stamp set used was Fresh Cuts and you can also see the Sanded Background stamped in Elegant Eggplant on the main card body. Card stock colours used were Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Whisper white.
The main image is stamped in Elegant Eggplant onto white tissue paper and scrunched it up then smoothed it out. Then smoosh the Glue Stick onto Pale Plum card and gently press the scrunched tissue paper onto it. Then you just fold the edges over the base card and stick down. The technique is called Faux Silk. You can also see that I sponged Pale Plum Ink over the crinkled image as well. Ribbon is Taffeta Whisper White and the half back pearls are from the Pretties Kit. The "For You" greeting is also from the Fresh Cuts set.

For those of you that have pre-ordered your 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalogue, please be patient .. for those of you that haven't please
contact me to arrange your copy

2 comments:

Karen said...

Holy Cow...........how quick are you to have made something with your new goodies already!! Mine are still sitting here in the box they arrived in! I look forward to April when I am not doing one single workshop and I can play and finish all my swaps!! Bring it on I say! lol

Lovely card Trish......sorry I got side tracked!

Karen

Trish Myers said...

What can I say Karen .... I'm superwoman ... hahahahaha!!