Thursday 12 March 2009

IN THE STARS

Recently I did an in-home class at my house called "With One Stamp Set". The set that I chose was from the current mini and it was called In The Stars. The ladies all created one each of the following cards.

In the Stars 3

This card was a gorgeous card, very simple but elegant I think and I did get the idea for it from a card that I saw on SCS. The colours used were Pretty in Pink and Basic Grey. Ribbon is Basic Grey taffeta and the base card was Confetti White. The main flower star was stamped on a scrap piece cut out and popped up. On my original card it was all just plain stamping, but some of my clever customers decided it was a bit too plain so they came up with the idea of popping it up. Also the greeting is from A Little Birthday Cheer. It is on page 114 of the current catalogue and most people miss it ... it is a very versatile set.


In the Stars 2

On this card I used some extra stamps from the Classic Backgrounds set which is being discontinued ... such a shame because it really is a great little set. The Stamp-a-ma-jig was used to make an extra long argyle border. Colours used were Wild Wasabi, Real Red andTempting Turquoise. I also used the 1/2" circle and small and large Star punches ... love these punches, a star brad from the Styled Silver Hodge Podge and Linen Thread. Also in the bottom left hand corner is some patterned paper from the East Coast Prep papers. Thank you Kim for letting me use a little bit of her stash. Ooh and you will notice a star punched in More Mustard that is so from East Coast Prep.

In the Stars 1

Now to the final card. This card was a case of a case from a Card Magazine. In the mag it was made with patterned papers and chipboard shapes so I adapted it using all Stampin' Up! stamps. Other then In the Stars I used ... Happy Happy Birthday Jumbo Wheel, Polka Dot and Sanded Backgrounds and Seeing Spots. The colours were Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. Punches were Fiskars 2" circle punch and then 1.3/8", 1.1/4", 1", 3/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches and also the Small and Large Star punches. Ooh and the retired larger corner rounder from Stampin' Up!.

So as you can see I did use a couple of other stamp sets in my class but the aim of the class was to work with one set as the basic set! Just goes to show that each stamp set that you own can really be very versatile!

0 comments: