Sunday 11 October 2009

CRAZY FOR CUPCAKES SIDE STEP CARD

I did a class a few weeks back and if you remember I posted a Spring Card that we did at the class. Now I've been a bit busy and never got time to post a picture of the other card that we made. It was a Side Step Card.

We made it using Metric Measurements so that you can get two cards still out of a piece of A4. When I was scoring the card I did it incorrectly so I ended up with a larger side on my Side Step card and I actually liked having the bigger surface to work with. I made two cards and the Cupcake Card is the one we did in the workshop.

Here it is:



Confetti White is the base card here and you can see that I've used Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip also. The stamp set is Crazy for Cupcakes and I've used Pink Pirouette Designer Series Paper together with Pink Pirouette double Stitched Grosgrain and Pink Taffeta ribbons. The little word banner was stamped and then hand cut. I would love to tell you that I used the Oval punches to punch the words out but alas they did not fit the curve. I also used the Stampin' Write Markers to colour in the candle and the sprinkles on the cake.

Now here is the other card with the correct size Side Step:



The base of this card is Confetti Cream and other cards are Barely Banana, So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst and Very Vanilla. Images are from Fifth Avenue and Great Friend. I've used the Scallop and Large Oval Punches and Stampin' Write Markers.

2 comments:

kerriegurney said...

Tirsh this is gorgeous :)

kerriegurney said...

you will have to teach me this one :)