Saturday 26 March 2011

A BIRTHDAY CARD FOR FRANCES

I think this will make two cards that I've uploaded this week, which is a pretty good effort for me.

This card I made for my friend Frances. Frances used to be a member of my Stampin' Up! pINK Ladies team but had to resign last year. She still comes along to our monthly team meetings because it's still all about sharing our creations and because we love having her. In fact a couple of the girls who used to be in my team still come along to the meetings. Here's the front of the card:

 

And this is the inside of the card:


I've used quite a lot of different elements on Frances's card and you can see some new product here which is due for release on April 1st in the Autumn Winter Mini. It is the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder which I have used on both the outside and inside of the card. I have also used the Bigz Square Scallop Square from the current Stamin' Up! Summer Mini which finishes on March 31st. Ialso used some Nestabilities for the circles and the roses were created using the MFT Die-namics Rolled Flower die. I did add some Stampin' Up! Pearls to the centre of the roses but unfortunately the photo of the card with them on it was just too blurry, so I had to go with this photo as the card has made its way to Frances's house :).

Colours used are Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White. I have used 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Marina Mist. Stamps used were Stampin' Up! Bella Toile Background Stamp and the greetings are from Verve Stamps. The leaves were created using stamps and a die from Papertrey Ink. You can also see a gorgeous 4"Doiley that I sponged with Crumb Cake, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy inks.

Happy Birthday Frances!

2 comments:

StampOwl said...

thanks Trish, this is even better sitting on my shelf :)

Anonymous said...

My God you have excelled yourself this week. Now go and have a bex and a lie down. We don't want you doing to much :-)