Wednesday 17 March 2010

THANK YOU CARD

The art of sending Thank You cards is slowly fading away. It's a shame really as I think we forget how nice it is to receive something unexpected in the post. So I decided to send a Thank You card to Melissa this week to thank her for having a group of friends to her house to do a spot of scrapping.

Now during the course of our day together I found out that Melissa's favourite colours is red ... She has the most gorgeous red and white kitchen ... I'm very envious of this kitchen, it's so functional and clean looking ... so I thought she might like a red and white card.


I'm trying to utilise my stash of papers and once again managed to incorporate them into this card. I've used the Riding Hood Red Patterns DSP and teamed it with Whisper White and Riding Hood Red card. You will see a couple of new items on this card ... new in the 'not too far away' mini. I've only used one stamp set and that was from the greeting set  Short & Sweet. Punches used were the Word Window Punch and the outer layer to this is also from the new mini - not quite a punch but I will be able to tell you more at the beginning of April. Ribbon is also Riding Hood Red.

Just in case you don't know .. the Big Shot is on the way and with it will be some lovely Stampin' Up! dies previously not available in Australia. Unfortunately the gorgeous flower you see on this card is not available as part of the range but is available in some of the major scrapbook shops here in Aus. Occasionally I like to use product from my stash which is not part of the Stampin' Up! range ...hope you don't mind!


Okay that's it from me.


Cheers




0 comments: